Westborough parents are encouraged to participate in school affairs and have demonstrated their support for education at town meetings, a strong volunteer program, and through active participation in parent organizations throughout the district. Parents are continually working with administrators and teachers in developing school improvement plans that will further enhance community and parent involvement in the schools.
We are extremely proud of the many accomplishments of our staff and students. Some of the highlights that demonstrate our successes are as follows:
- Boston Magazine listed Westborough High School in the top 20 performing schools in the state, three years in a row.
- The Town of Westborough named one of the Best Communities for Music Education in the country, and recognized By the Kennedy Center for the Arts for advocating for the Arts in our public schools.
- Mill Pond School named as a National School of Character by the Character Education partnership in Washington, D.C. Mill Pond has been recognized and will serve as a model to other schools for their exemplary implementation of the Eleven Principles of Effective Character Education.
- Westborough’s ELL (English Language Learning Program) recognized by the MA Department of Education for the outstanding progress non English speaking students have demonstrated towards attaining competency in reading, listening, and speaking.
- Westborough Public School students continue to exceed state and national averages on local, state, and national assessments.
As you can see these are just a few of our recent accomplishments.
Please explore our web site to find out more about what our school district has to offer and to access information at any time. If you have a question that is not answered on the website, please send an email and we will be more than happy to assist you.